Milton, town (1990 pop. 25,725), Norfolk co., E Mass., a residential suburb of Boston, on the Neponset River; settled 1636, set off from Dorchester and inc. 1662. Granite quarries are nearby. Milton is the seat of Curry College and several preparatory schools, including Milton Academy (1798). Harvard's meteorological observatory is on Blue Hill.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Milton from Infoplease:
- Milton: meaning and definitions - Milton: Definition and Pronunciation
- John Milton - Milton, John Milton, John, 1608–74, English poet, b. London, one of the greatest poets of the ...
- Sittingbourne - Sittingbourne Sittingbourne , town (1991 pop. 35,893), Kent, SE England, on the ancient Watling ...
- Miltonic: meaning and definitions - Miltonic: Definition and Pronunciation
- Apollo Milton Obote - Obote, Apollo Milton Obote, Apollo Milton , 1924–2005, president of Uganda (1966–71, ...