Longs Peak [for Stephen H. Long], 14,255 ft (4,345 m) high, N Colo., in the Front Range of the Rocky Mts. From the east side of its snowcapped peak there is a 2,000 ft (610 m) drop to Chasm Lake. It is in Rocky Mountain National Park.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Longs Peak from Infoplease:
- Longs Peak: meaning and definitions - Longs Peak: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/longs peak - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Stephen Harriman Long - Long, Stephen Harriman Long, Stephen Harriman, 1784–1864, American explorer, b. Hopkinton, ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Liu Pang Liu Shaoqi Liuzhou livable live liveable live-action livebearer lived ...
- Rocky Mountains: Economy and Natural Resources - Economy and Natural Resources Exploitable mineral deposits (lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold) are ...