Longs Peak [for Stephen H. Long], 14,255 ft (4,345 m) high, N Colo., in the Front Range of the Rocky Mts. From the east side of its snowcapped peak there is a 2,000 ft (610 m) drop to Chasm Lake. It is in Rocky Mountain National Park.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Longs Peak from Infoplease:
- Longs Peak: meaning and definitions - Longs Peak: Definition and Pronunciation
- Stephen Harriman Long - Long, Stephen Harriman Long, Stephen Harriman, 1784–1864, American explorer, b. Hopkinton, ...
- Rocky Mountains: Economy and Natural Resources - Economy and Natural Resources Exploitable mineral deposits (lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold) are ...
- Mountain Peaks in the United States Higher Than 14,000 Feet - Mountain Peaks in the United States Higher Than 14,000 Feet Name State Height (ft.) Mt. McKinley ...
- Encyclopedia: U.S. Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning U.S. Physical Geography.