Layton, city (1990 pop. 41,784), Davis co., N Utah, between the Wasatch Range and Great Salt Lake. In an irrigated farm area served by the Weber basin project, it produces fruits and vegetables. Cattle and sheep are raised, there is dairying, and bakery goods and computer software are produced. During the 1970s and 80s, Layton grew with the development of commercial and financial activities in nearby Salt Lake City.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Layton from Infoplease:
- Layton: meaning and definitions - Layton: Definition and Pronunciation
- James Layton Ralston - Ralston, James Layton Ralston, James Layton , 1881–1948, Canadian cabinet minister, b. Nova ...
- Irving Layton - Layton, Irving Layton, Irving, 1912–2006, Canadian poet, b. Romania as Israel Lazarovitch. ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/layton - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Fernando Coello LAYTON - Fernando Coello LAYTON (1847-1926) LAYTON, Fernando Coello, a Representative from Ohio; born near ...