Largo, town (1990 pop. 65,674), Pinellas co., W Fla., on the Pinellas peninsula and the Gulf Coast, across the bay from Tampa; settled 1853, inc. 1905. It is a packing, canning, and shipping center in a citrus fruit and fishing area. Its beautiful beaches and many recreational facilities make it a popular resort spot.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Largo from Infoplease:
- Francisco Largo Caballero - Largo Caballero, Francisco Largo Caballero, Francisco , 1869–1946, Spanish Socialist leader ...
- Key Largo: meaning and definitions - Key Largo: Definition and Pronunciation
- largo: meaning and definitions - largo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Key Largo - Key Largo Key Largo, narrow island, c.30 mi (48 km) long, off S Fla., largest of the Florida Keys. ...
- The Heir Apparent: Largo Winch - Starring Tomer Sisley, Kristin Scott Thomas, Miki Manojlovic, Mélanie Thierry, Gilbert Melki