Havre (hăvˈər) [key], city (1990 pop. 10,201), seat of Hill co., N Mont., on the Milk River; inc. 1892. Founded in 1887 with the coming of the railroad, it is a processing and shipping center for a livestock and wheat region. Agricultural equipment is manufactured, and there are gas and oil fields nearby. The Milk River reclamation project serves the area. A branch of Montana State Univ. is in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Havre from Infoplease:
- Le Havre - Havre, Le Havre, Le , city (1990 pop. 195,932), Seine-Maritime dept., N France, in Normandy, at the ...
- Le Havre: meaning and definitions - Le Havre: Definition and Pronunciation
- Havre: meaning and definitions - Havre: Definition and Pronunciation
- Le Havre - Starring Jean-Pierre Léaud, Kati Outinen, Jean-Pierre Darroussin, André Wilms, Elina Salo
- Havre - Havre (France). A contraction of Le havre de notre dame de grace. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...