Glens Falls, city (1990 pop. 15,023), Warren co., E central N.Y., in the foothills of the Adirondack Mts. and on the Hudson River; settled 1762, inc. as a city 1908. Major industries include lumber, paper, and electronics. A navy training center is there. Noteworthy are Cooper's Cave and the Hyde Collection art museum. Charles Evans Hughes was born in Glens Falls.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Glens Falls from Infoplease:
- Glens Falls: meaning and definitions - Glens Falls: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/glens falls - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Frederick Avery JOHNSON - Frederick Avery JOHNSON (1833-1893) JOHNSON, Frederick Avery, a Representative from New York; born ...
- Orange FERRISS - Orange FERRISS (1814-1894) FERRISS, Orange, a Representative from New York; born at Glens Falls, ...
- Charles Evans Hughes - Hughes, Charles Evans Hughes, Charles Evans , 1862–1948, American statesman and jurist, ...