Girard (jĭrärdˈ) [key], city (1990 pop. 11,304), Trumbull co., NE Ohio, adjacent to Youngstown, on the Mahoning River; settled c.1800, inc. 1891. Its ironworks date from 1866. Chief manufactures include plastic and metal products and chemicals.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Girard from Infoplease:
- Girard: meaning and definitions - Girard: Definition and Pronunciation
- Stephen Girard - Stephen Girard merchant, financier, philanthropist Born: 5/20/1750 Birthplace: Bordeaux, France He ...
- Stephen Girard - Girard, Stephen Girard, Stephen , 1750–1831, American merchant, banker, and philanthropist, ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/girard - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- James Girard LINDSLEY - James Girard LINDSLEY (1819-1898) LINDSLEY, James Girard, a Representative from New York; born in ...