Fort Benning, U.S. army post, 189,000 acres (76,500 hectares), W Ga., S of Columbus; est. 1918. One of the largest army posts in the United States, it is the nation's largest infantry training center and the home of the Army Infantry School.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Fort Benning from Infoplease:
- Fort Benning: meaning and definitions - Fort Benning: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/fort benning - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Phenix City - Phenix City Phenix City , city (1990 pop. 25,312), a seat of Russell co., E Ala., on the ...
- Zachary Paul WAMP - Zachary Paul WAMP (1957-Â ) WAMP, Zachary Paul, a Representative from Tennessee; born in Fort ...
- Phil Gramm - Gramm, Phil Gramm, Phil (William Philip Gramm), 1942–, American politician, b. Fort Benning, ...