Eureka (yōrēˈkə) [key], port city (1990 pop. 27,025), seat of Humboldt co., NW Calif., on Humboldt Bay; inc. 1856. Lumbering, fishing, tourism, and dairying are all important to its economy. A 40-acre (16-hectare) redwood park is in the city, and to the southeast is the Headwaters Forest, the largest remaining stand of virgin redwoods. In Eureka is the College of the Redwoods; Humboldt State Univ. is nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Eureka from Infoplease:
- Eureka - Eureka Director: Shinji Aoyama Shooting Gallery; NR; 217 minutes Release: 5/01 Cast: Aoi Miyazaki, ...
- Eureka - Starring Yakusho Koji, Miyazaki Aoi, Miyazaki Masaru, Saitoh Yohichiroh, Kokusho Sayuri
- eureka: meaning and definitions - eureka: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/eureka - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Eureka - Eureka or rather Heureka (I have found it out). The exclamation of Archimedes, the Syracusan ...