East Los Angeles
East Los Angeles, uninc. city (1990 pop. 126,379), Los Angeles co., S Calif., a residential suburb of Los Angeles, in an industrial area. It has a large Mexican-American population. There is a performing arts center and a cultural center. A junior college is there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on East Los Angeles from Infoplease:
- East Los Angeles: meaning and definitions - East Los Angeles: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/east los angeles - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Esteban Edward TORRES - Esteban Edward TORRES (1930-Â ) TORRES, Esteban Edward, a Representative from California; ...
- Top Ten Places of 100,000 or More Population with the Highest Percent Hispanic, 2000 - Top Ten Places with the Highest Percent Hispanic, 2010 Here are the top ten places of 100,000 or ...
- Bound By Honor - Starring Damian Chapa, Jesse Borrego, Benjamin Bratt, Enrique Castillo, Victor Rivers