Du Bois (dōˈbois, dəboisˈ) [key], city (1990 pop. 8,286), Clearfield co., W central Pa., in the region of the Allegheny plateau; inc. 1881. Du Bois is a commercial and industrial center of a farming area, where coal is still mined. A campus of Pennsylvania State Univ. is there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Du Bois from Infoplease:
- Du Bois: meaning and definitions - Du Bois: Definition and Pronunciation
- Emil Du Bois-Reymond - Du Bois-Reymond, Emil Du Bois-Reymond, Emil , 1818–96, German physiologist of French descent. ...
- Guy Pène du Bois - du Bois, Guy Pène du Bois, Guy Pène , 1884–1958, American painter and critic, ...
- W. E. B. Du Bois - W. E. B. Du Bois (William Edward Burghardt Du Bois) writer, teacher Born: 2/23/1868 ...
- fraise du bois: meaning and definitions - fraise du bois: Definition and Pronunciation