Delano (dĕlˈənō) [key], city (1990 pop. 22,762), Kern co., S central Calif., in the fertile San Joaquin valley; inc. 1915. The city's economy is based on agriculture (grain and fruit) and related enterprises, especially vineyards and wineries.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Delano from Infoplease:
- Amasa Delano - Delano, Amasa Delano, Amasa , 1763–1823, American sea captain, b. Duxbury, Mass. He served in ...
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt - Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Franklin Delano , 1882–1945, 32d President of the ...
- Delano: meaning and definitions - Delano: Definition and Pronunciation
- FDR: meaning and definitions - FDR: Definition and Pronunciation
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt - Franklin Delano Roosevelt Born: 1/30/1882 Birthplace: Hyde Park, N.Y. Franklin Delano Roosevelt was ...