Crowley (krouˈlē) [key], city (1990 pop. 13,983), seat of Acadia parish, SW La.; inc. 1888. It is a shipping, milling, and storage center for a large rice-growing area and has a rice experiment station. Oil and natural gas wells are located nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Crowley from Infoplease:
- Aleister Crowley - Biography of Aleister Crowley, Author of Magick in Theory and Practice
- Crowley: meaning and definitions - Crowley: Definition and Pronunciation
- Joseph CROWLEY - Joseph CROWLEY (1962-Â ) CROWLEY, Joseph, a Representative from New York; born in New York, ...
- Richard CROWLEY - Richard CROWLEY (1836-1908) CROWLEY, Richard, a Representative from New York; born in Pendleton, ...
- Miles CROWLEY - Miles CROWLEY (1859-1921) CROWLEY, Miles, a Representative from Texas; born in Boston, Mass., ...