Cordele (kôrdēlˈ) [key], city (1990 pop. 10,321), seat of Crisp co., S central Ga., on a branch of the Flint River; founded and inc. 1888. It is a shipping, commercial, and processing center located in a timber and farm area. Various fruits and vegetables (watermelons, cantaloupes, corn) are grown there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cordele from Infoplease:
- Cordele: meaning and definitions - Cordele: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cordell HULL - Cordell HULL (1871-1955) Senate Years of Service: 1931-1933 Party: Democrat HULL, Cordell, a ...
- Cordell Hull - Hull, Cordell Hull, Cordell , 1871–1955, American statesman, b. Overton co. (now Pickett ...
- hull: meaning and definitions - hull: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pueblo, indigenous people of North America: Bibliography - Bibliography See E. P. Dozier, The Pueblo Indians of North America (1970); R. Silverberg, The ...