Cayuga Lake (kāyōˈgə, kĪ–, kə–) [key], 38 mi (61 km) long and 1 to 3.5 mi (1.6–5.6 km) wide, W central N.Y.; longest of the Finger Lakes. It is connected by the Seneca-Cayuga Canal to the New York State Canal System. Cornell and Wells College overlook Cayuga's clifflike banks. Near the southern end of the lake are Taughannock Falls, 215 ft (66 m) high.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cayuga Lake from Infoplease:
- Cayuga Lake: meaning and definitions - Cayuga Lake: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/cayuga lake - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Ithaca: meaning and definitions - Ithaca: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ithaca, city, United States - Ithaca Ithaca , city (1990 pop. 29,541), seat of Tompkins co., S central N.Y., at the southern end ...
- John HARRIS - John HARRIS (1760-1824) HARRIS, John, (cousin of Robert Harris), a Representative from New York; ...