Carteret, borough (1990 pop. 19,025), Middlesex co., NE N.J., on Arthur Kill, opposite Staten Island; inc. 1906. It has oil and copper refineries and industries that produce steel and chemicals.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Carteret from Infoplease:
- Carteret: meaning and definitions - Carteret: Definition and Pronunciation
- Granville: meaning and definitions - Granville: Definition and Pronunciation
- Philip Carteret - Carteret, Philip Carteret, Philip, 1639–82, first colonial governor of New Jersey. Carteret, ...
- Granville, John Carteret, 1st Earl - Granville, John Carteret, 1st Earl Granville, John Carteret, 1st Earl, 1690–1763, English ...
- John Carteret - Carteret, John: Carteret, John: see Granville, John Carteret, 1st Earl.