Burlingame, city (1990 pop. 26,801), San Mateo co., W Calif., on San Francisco Bay; founded 1868, inc. 1908. Burlingame is mainly residential, with light manufacturing (plastic and metal products, furniture, and computers). The city is named for U.S. diplomat Anson Burlingame.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Burlingame from Infoplease:
- Burlingame: meaning and definitions - Burlingame: Definition and Pronunciation
- Anson Burlingame - Burlingame, Anson Burlingame, Anson , 1820–70, American diplomat, b. New Berlin, N.Y. He ...
- Anson BURLINGAME - Anson BURLINGAME (1820-1870) BURLINGAME, Anson, a Representative from Massachusetts; born in New ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/burlingame - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Burlingame, California, Economic Statistics - California Atlas Economic Statistics Burlingame, California QuickFacts · Demographic ...