Bucyrus (byōsĪˈrəs) [key], city (1990 pop. 13,496), seat of Crawford co., N central Ohio, on the Sandusky River, in a farm area; settled 1818, inc. 1886. It is a trade and industrial center. Manufactures include machinery and electronic and metal products.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bucyrus from Infoplease:
- Bucyrus: meaning and definitions - Bucyrus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/bucyrus - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Sandusky, river, United States - Sandusky Sandusky, river, c.120 mi (190 km) long, rising in N Ohio and flowing W through Bucyrus, ...
- Stephen Ross HARRIS - Stephen Ross HARRIS (1824-1905) HARRIS, Stephen Ross, (uncle of Ebenezer Byron Finley), a ...
- Ebenezer Byron FINLEY - Ebenezer Byron FINLEY (1833-1916) FINLEY, Ebenezer Byron, (nephew of Stephen Ross Harris), a ...