Brawley, city (1990 pop. 18,923), Imperial co., SE Calif.; inc. 1908. It is situated in the Imperial Valley, SE of the Salton Sea. Winter fruits and vegetables, cotton, alfalfa, corn, and sugar beets are grown, and cattle and sheep are raised. The Imperial Valley Rodeo and Brawley Cattle Call is an important city event.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Brawley from Infoplease:
- Brawley: meaning and definitions - Brawley: Definition and Pronunciation
- William Huggins BRAWLEY - William Huggins BRAWLEY (1841-1916) BRAWLEY, William Huggins, (cousin of John James Hemphill and ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/brawley - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Victor Vincent VEYSEY - Victor Vincent VEYSEY (1915-2001) VEYSEY, Victor Vincent, a Representative from California; born in ...
- James Hardy Dillard - Dillard, James Hardy Dillard, James Hardy , 1856–1940, American educator, b. Nansemond co., ...