Braddock, borough (1990 pop. 4,682), Allegheny co., W Pa., an industrial suburb of Pittsburgh, on the Monongahela River; settled 1742, inc. 1867. Once a steel-manufacturing center, the population has decreased with the decline of the industry. In 1755, Gen. Edward Braddock was defeated there by French and Native American forces.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Braddock from Infoplease:
- Braddock: meaning and definitions - Braddock: Definition and Pronunciation
- Edward Braddock - Braddock, Edward Braddock, Edward, 1695–1755, British general in the French and Indian War ...
- North Braddock - North Braddock North Braddock, borough (1990 pop. 7,036), Allegheny co., W Pa., a suburb of ...
- Lightning Over Braddock: A Rustbowl Fantasy - Starring Tony Buba, Sal Caru
- Curdled - Curdled Director: Reb Braddock Writers: John Maass and Reb Braddock Director of Photography: Steven ...