Billerica (bĭlrĭˈkə) [key], town (1990 pop. 37,609), Middlesex co., NE Mass., on the Concord River; settled 1637, inc. 1655. An important high-tech center, its manufactures include computer hardware and software, precision instruments, and machinery. The town's historical attractions include several 17th-, 18th-, and 19th-century homes and a Native American site and burial ground dating back to 1,000 B.C.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Billerica from Infoplease:
- Billerica: meaning and definitions - Billerica: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tewksbury - Tewksbury Tewksbury, town (1990 pop. 27,266), Middlesex co., NE Mass.; settled 1637, set off from ...
- Joseph RICHARDSON - Joseph RICHARDSON (1778-1871) RICHARDSON, Joseph, a Representative from Massachusetts; born in ...
- Elizabeth Palmer Peabody - Peabody, Elizabeth Palmer Peabody, Elizabeth Palmer , 1804–94, American educator, lecturer, ...
- Encyclopedia: U.S. Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning U.S. Political Geography.