Bethpage (bĕthpājˈ) [key], uninc. village (1990 pop. 15,761, including Old Bethpage), Nassau co., SE N.Y., on W Long Island. Northrop Grumman Corporation's large defense plant here is being partly redeveloped for diversified industrial use. A village restoration in Old Bethpage features 20 pre–Civil War buildings.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bethpage from Infoplease:
- Bethpage: meaning and definitions - Bethpage: Definition and Pronunciation
- Massapequa Park - Massapequa Park Massapequa Park, residential village (1990 pop. 18,044), Nassau co., SE N.Y., on ...
- John Savage - John Savage (John Youngs) actor Born: 8/25/1950 Birthplace: Old Bethpage, New York An intense ...
- Tiger Woods Timeline - A glance at the golf sensation's life and career
- U.S. Open - U.S. Open Edition: 102nd Dates: June 13–16 Site: Black Course, Bethpage State Park, ...