Audubon, borough (1990 pop. 9,205), Camden co., SW N.J., a suburb of Camden; inc. 1905. Audubon is mostly residential. It was named after John James Audubon, the ornithologist, who studied the birds of the area in 1829.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Audubon from Infoplease:
- Audubon: meaning and definitions - Audubon: Definition and Pronunciation
- National Audubon Society - Audubon Society, National Audubon Society, National, one of the oldest and best-known U.S. ...
- John James Audubon - Audubon, John James Audubon, John James , 1785–1851, American ornithologist, b. Les Cayes, ...
- John J. Audubon - Biography of John J. Audubon, 19th century ornithologist and artist
- yellow-rumped warbler: meaning and definitions - yellow-rumped warbler: Definition and Pronunciation