Atwater, city (1990 pop. 22,282), Merced co., central Calif., in the San Joaquin valley; inc. 1922. It is the processing and commercial center of an irrigated farming area. National wildlife refuges are nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Atwater from Infoplease:
- Atwater: meaning and definitions - Atwater: Definition and Pronunciation
- Wilbur Olin Atwater - Atwater, Wilbur Olin Atwater, Wilbur Olin, 1844–1907, American agricultural chemist, b. ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/atwater - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- John Wilbur ATWATER - John Wilbur ATWATER (1840-1910) ATWATER, John Wilbur, a Representative from North Carolina; born ...
- Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story - Starring George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Connie Chung, Bryant Gumbel