Attleboro (ătˈəlbərə) [key], industrial city (1990 pop. 38,383), Bristol co., SE Mass., near the R.I. line; settled 1634, inc. as a city 1914. Its jewelry industry began in 1780; silverware, scientific instruments, and fabricated metal products are also made.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Attleboro from Infoplease:
- Attleboro: meaning and definitions - Attleboro: Definition and Pronunciation
- North Attleboro - North Attleboro North Attleboro , industrial town (1990 pop. 25,038), Bristol co., SE Mass., near ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/attleboro - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Attleboro, Massachusetts, Housing Statistics - Massachusetts Atlas Housing Statistics Attleboro, Massachusetts QuickFacts · Demographic ...
- Attleboro, Massachusetts, Demographic Statistics - Massachusetts Atlas Demographic Statistics Attleboro, Massachusetts QuickFacts · Demographic ...