Anoka (ənōˈkə) [key], city (1990 pop. 17,192), seat of Anoka co., E Minn., on the Mississippi at the confluence of the Rum; inc. 1878. Originally a trading post and lumber town, it grew as a farm trade center. Furniture, ammunition, and electronic equipment are among its manufactures.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Anoka from Infoplease:
- Anoka: meaning and definitions - Anoka: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/anoka - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- - Can't read file minnesota/anoka-county/default.html
- - Can't read file minnesota/anoka-county/default/demographic.html
- - Can't read file minnesota/anoka-county/default/social.html