cestus or caestus: see boxing.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on cestus from Infoplease:
- cestus: meaning and definitions - cestus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cestus - Cestus in Homer, is the girdle of Venus, of magical power to move to ardent love. In Jerusalem ...
- Girdle of Venus - Girdle of Venus (See Cestus .) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894 ...
- Love's Girdle - Love's Girdle (See Cestus.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894 ...
- Florimel's Girdle - Florimel's Girdle gave to those who could wear it “the virtue of chaste love and wifehood ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Sports