America's Cup: see sailing.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on America's Cup from Infoplease:
- America's Cup: meaning and definitions - America's Cup: Definition and Pronunciation
- sailing - sailing sailing, as a sport, the art of navigating a sailboat for recreational or competitive ...
- America's Cup Record - America's Cup Record First race in 1851 around Isle of Wight, Cowes, England. First defense and ...
- Alfred E. (Bill) Luders Jr. - Alfred E. (Bill) Luders Jr. Age: 89 sailboat designer and racer responsible for building Weatherly, ...
- sailing: Bibliography - Bibliography See D. Riggs, Keelhauled: Unsportsmanlike Conduct and the America's Cup (1986); G. ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Sports