Urim and Thummim
Urim and Thummim (yōˈrĭm, thŭmˈĭm) [key], in the Bible, name of sacred instruments used for casting lots. The meaning of the two names is uncertain, as is the nature of the lots. They were in some way connected, however, with the ephod.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Urim and Thummim from Infoplease:
- Urim and Thummim: meaning and definitions - Urim and Thummim: Definition and Pronunciation
- Urim and Thummim - Urim and Thummim consisted of three stones, which were deposited in the double lining of the high ...
- Thummim - Thummim: Thummim: see Urim and Thummim.
- lots - lots. lots. The casting of lots was an ancient method of making a choice, settling a dispute, or ...
- ephod - ephod ephod, sacred linen garment worn by the high priests of Israel. It was in two parts—one ...