Umbrian (ŭmˈbrēən) [key], extinct language belonging to the Italic subfamily of the Indo-European family of languages. See Italic languages.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Umbrian from Infoplease:
- Osco-Umbrian: meaning and definitions - Osco-Umbrian: Definition and Pronunciation
- Umbrian: meaning and definitions - Umbrian: Definition and Pronunciation
- italic: meaning and definitions - italic: Definition and Pronunciation
- Georg Friedrich Grotefend - Grotefend, Georg Friedrich Grotefend, Georg Friedrich , 1775–1853, German archaeologist and ...
- Carl Darling Buck - Buck, Carl Darling Buck, Carl Darling, 1866–1955, American philologist, b. Orlando, Maine. ...