Tophet (tōˈfĭt) [key], in the Bible, place near Jerusalem, in the valley of Hinnom, associated with the worship of Molech. Tophet became a name for hell.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Tophet from Infoplease:
- Tophet: meaning and definitions - Tophet: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/tophet - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Tophet - Tophet A valley near Jerusalem, where children were made to “pass through the fire to ...
- Molech - Molech Molech or Moloch, Canaanite god of fire to whom children were offered in sacrifice; he is ...
- Hinnom - Hinnom Hinnom , valley, W and S of Jerusalem. Its ill repute in the Bible emanated from the worship ...