sorcery: see incantation; magic; spell; witchcraft.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on sorcery from Infoplease:
- spell - spell spell, word, formula, or incantation believed to have magical powers. The spell can be used ...
- incantation - incantation incantation, set formula, spoken or sung, for the purpose of working magic. An ...
- witchcraft - witchcraft witchcraft, a form of sorcery, or the magical manipulation of nature for ...
- sorcery: meaning and definitions - sorcery: Definition and Pronunciation
- sorcerous: meaning and definitions - sorcerous: Definition and Pronunciation
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Religion: General