Selah (sēˈlə) [key], obscure Hebrew word occurring many times in Psalms and in Habakkuk. Its derivation is unknown. It may be a musical notation signifying a pause or the end of a phrase.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Selah from Infoplease:
- Sela - Sela Sela or Selah[Heb.,=rock], in the Bible, unidentified town, S of the Dead Sea. Amaziah ...
- selah: meaning and definitions - selah: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/selah - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Elias Selah HOLLIDAY - Elias Selah HOLLIDAY (1842-1936) HOLLIDAY, Elias Selah, a Representative from Indiana; born in ...
- Selah - Selah in the Psalms. Mattheson, the musical critic, says the word is equivalent to da capo, and is ...