Sela or Selah (sēˈlə) [key] [Heb., = rock], in the Bible, unidentified town, S of the Dead Sea. Amaziah captured it and renamed it Joktheel. Some identify Sela with Petra. Sela in the first chapter of Judges seems to be another rock.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sela from Infoplease:
- Joktheel - Joktheel Joktheel . In the Bible, city of Edom. See also Sela.
- 58th Annual Golden Globe Awards - 58th Annual Golden Globe Awards Best Series—Drama: The West Wing (ABC) Best Actor in a Drama: ...
- The Stepfather - Starring Dylan Walsh, Sela Ward, Penn Badgley, Amber Heard, Sherry Stringfield
- Once and Again - Once and Again ABC Monday 10:00–11:00 p.m. Cast: Sela Ward, Bill Campbell, Julia Whelan, ...
- Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights - Starring Romola Garai, Diego Luna, Mika Boorem, Jonathan Jackson, Sela Ward