Saturnalia: see Saturn, in Roman religion.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Saturnalia from Infoplease:
- Saturn, in Roman religion and mythology - Saturn Saturn, in Roman religion and mythology, god of harvests, later identified with the Greek ...
- Saturnalia: meaning and definitions - Saturnalia: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saturnalia - Saturnalia A time of licensed disorder and misrule. With the Romans it was the festival of Saturn, ...
- Macrobius - Macrobius Macrobius , fl. c.430, Latin writer and philosopher. His Saturnalia, a dialogue in seven ...
- Bubastis - Bubastis Bubastis , ancient city, NE Egypt, in the Nile delta, near the modern Zagazig. Capital of ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion