Sarah Lawrence College
Sarah Lawrence College, at Bronxville, N.Y.; primarily for women; chartered 1926, opened 1928 as Sarah Lawrence College for Women; renamed 1947. It is noted for its creative arts program.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sarah Lawrence College from Infoplease:
- Sue W. KELLY - Sue W. KELLY (1936-Â ) KELLY, Sue W., a Representative from New York; born in Lima, Allen ...
- Bessie Schönberg - Bessie Schönberg dancer teacher One of the country's most influential dance teachers, ...
- Julianna Margulies - Biography of Julianna Margulies, Nurse Carol Hathaway on ER
- Meredith Jane Monk - Monk, Meredith Jane Monk, Meredith Jane, 1942–, American dancer, choreographer, composer, and ...
- William Schuman - Schuman, William Schuman, William , 1910–92, American composer, b. New York City. Schuman ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.