Phoebus (fēˈbəs) [key] or Phoebus Apollo: see Apollo.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Phoebus from Infoplease:
- Apollo - Apollo Apollo , in Greek religion and mythology, one of the most important Olympian gods, concerned ...
- Phoebus: meaning and definitions - Phoebus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Phoebus - Phoebus The sun or sun-god. In Greek mythology Apollo is called Phoebos (the sun-god), from the ...
- Lamp of Phoebus - Lamp of Phoebus (The). The sun. Phoebus is the mythological personification of the sun. Source: ...
- Sara Teasedale: Villa Serbelloni, Bellaggio - The fountain shivers lightly in the rain, The laurels drip, the fading roses fall, The marble satyr plays a mournful strain That leaves the rainy frag
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion