New England Conservatory of Music
New England Conservatory of Music, at Boston, Mass.; coeducational; est. 1867, chartered and opened 1870. It is closely associated with the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Berkshire Music Center at Tanglewood. Jordan Hall, its main auditorium, is noted for recitals and performances by outstanding artists.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on New England Conservatory of Music from Infoplease:
- Frederick Shepherd Converse - Converse, Frederick Shepherd Converse, Frederick Shepherd , 1871–1940, American composer, b. ...
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Timeline - Timeline of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s life and career
- George Whitefield Chadwick - Chadwick, George Whitefield Chadwick, George Whitefield, 1854–1931, American composer, b. ...
- Ferruccio Benvenuto Busoni - Busoni, Ferruccio Benvenuto Busoni, Ferruccio Benvenuto , 1866–1924, Italian pianist and ...
- Rufus Smith FROST - Rufus Smith FROST (1826-1894) FROST, Rufus Smith, a Representative from Massachusetts; born in ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.