neo-Pythagoreanism: see Pythagoras.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on neo-Pythagoreanism from Infoplease:
- neo-Pythagoreanism: meaning and definitions - neo-Pythagoreanism: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pythagoras: meaning and definitions - Pythagoras: Definition and Pronunciation
- Apollonius of Tyana - Apollonius of Tyana Apollonius of Tyana, fl. 1st cent. A.D., Greek philosopher, b. Tyana, ...
- Alain de Lille - Alain de Lille Alain de Lille , c.1128–c.1202, French scholastic philosopher, a Cistercian, ...
- Pythagoras - Pythagoras Pythagoras , c.582–c.507 B.C., pre-Socratic Greek philosopher, founder of the ...