Lud, in the Bible, eponym of an Asian people, probably the Lydians. There is probably textual confusion at some points with the Lubim.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lud from Infoplease:
- Lud - Lud A mythical king of Britain. General Lud. (See Luddites.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- Luds Town - Luds Town London; so called from Lud, a mythical king of Britain. Ludgate is, by a similar ...
- Lud's Bulwark - Lud's Bulwark Ludgate prison. (See above.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham ...
- Luddite: meaning and definitions - Luddite: Definition and Pronunciation
- illude: meaning and definitions - illude: Definition and Pronunciation