leviathan (lēvĪˈəthən) [key], in the Bible, aquatic monster, presumably the crocodile, the whale, or a dragon. It was a symbol of evil to be ultimately defeated by the power of good.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on leviathan from Infoplease:
- Leviathan - Starring Declan Conneely, Johnny Gatcombe, Adrian Guillette, Brian Jannelle, Clyde Lee
- leviathan: meaning and definitions - leviathan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/leviathan - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Leviathan - Leviathan The crocodile, or some extinct sea monster, described in the Book of Job (chap. xii.). It ...
- behemoth - behemoth behemoth [Heb.,=plural of beast], large, fanciful primeval monster, like Leviathan, ...