lawsuit: see procedure; tort.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on lawsuit from Infoplease:
- lawsuit: meaning and definitions - lawsuit: Definition and Pronunciation
- procedure - procedure procedure, in law, the rules that govern the obtaining of legal redress. This article ...
- Same-Sex Marriage Ban Temporarily Overturned in California - News of the Nation, 2010 Year in Review - A synopsis of the lawsuits for gay rights and same-sex marriage in California in 2010.|Major U.S. news stories, from health-care reform to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
- Passing the Buck on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" - News of the Nation, 2010 Year in Review - A synopsis of the fight for gay rights in the military and the end of Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy|Major U.S. news stories, from health-care reform to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/lawsuit - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus