koumiss (kōˈmĭs) [key]: see fermented milk.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on koumiss from Infoplease:
- fermented milk - fermented milk fermented milk, whole or skim milk curdled to beverage or custardlike consistency by ...
- Koumiss - Koumiss or Kumiss. Fermented mare's milk used as a beverage by the Tartar tribes of Central ...
- koumis: meaning and definitions - koumis: Definition and Pronunciation
- kumiss: meaning and definitions - kumiss: Definition and Pronunciation
- lactic acid - lactic acid lactic acid, CH3CHOHCO2H, a colorless liquid organic acid. It is miscible with water or ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Food and Cooking