Kirjath-jearim (kûrˈjăth-jēˈərĭm) [key], in the Bible, ancient fortress and holy place, ancient Palestine, W of Jerusalem. It also appears as Kirjath, Kirjath-arim, Kirjath-baal, Baalah, and Baale of Judah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kirjath-jearim from Infoplease:
- Kirjath - Kirjath Kirjath , the same as Kirjath-jearim.
- Kirjath-arim - Kirjath-arim Kirjath-arim and Kirjath-baal, alternative names of Kirjath-jearim.
- Baalah - Baalah Baalah [Heb., fem. of Baal], in the Bible. 1. The same as Bilhah 2. 2. The same as ...
- 1 Chronicles: 13 - And David consulted with the captains of…
- 1 Samuel: 7 - And the men of Kirjath-jearim came, and brought…