Kenath (kēˈnăth) [key], in the Bible, town, ancient Palestine, E of the Jordan. It was captured and renamed by Nobah after himself. It was later the Kanatha of the Decapolis.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kenath from Infoplease:
- Kanatha - Kanatha: Kanatha: see Decapolis; Kenath.
- Nobah - Nobah Nobah , in the Bible. 1. Hebrew warrior who conquered Kenath. 2. Unidentified desert place, E ...
- 1 Chronicles: 2 - These are the sons of Israel; Reuben, Simeon…
- Numbers: 32 - Now the children of Reuben and the children of…
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.