indeterminate sentence: see parole; sentence.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on indeterminate sentence from Infoplease:
- parole - parole parole , in criminal law, release from prison of a convict before the expiration of his term ...
- indeterminate sentence: meaning and definitions - indeterminate sentence: Definition and Pronunciation
- Zebulon Reed Brockway - Brockway, Zebulon Reed Brockway, Zebulon Reed, 1827–1920, American penologist, b. Lyme, Conn. ...
- sentence - sentence sentence, in criminal law, punishment that a court orders, imposed on a person convicted ...
- Encyclopedia: Legal Terms and Concepts - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Legal Terms and Concepts.