Horeb (hōˈrĕb) [key], in the Bible, mountain, another name for Mt. Sinai. It is mentioned in Psalm 106 as the place of the making of the golden calf. Elijah fled to Horeb.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Horeb from Infoplease:
- Horeb: meaning and definitions - Horeb: Definition and Pronunciation
- Massah - Massah Massah , Meribah, or Massah and Meribah,in the Bible, symbolic name of the place, near ...
- Herman Bjorn DAHLE - Herman Bjorn DAHLE (1855-1920) DAHLE, Herman Bjorn, a Representative from Wisconsin; born in Perry, ...
- Elisha - Elisha Elisha , in the Bible, prophet who functions as a model of the Mosaic prophetic office after ...
- America's "Capitals of the World" - Profiles of ten of America's most interesting (self-proclaimed) capitals of the world.