Gujarati (gŏˌjəräˈtē) [key], language belonging to the Indic group of the Indo-Iranian subfamily of the Indo-European family of languages. See Indo-Iranian languages.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Gujarati from Infoplease:
- Gujarati: meaning and definitions - Gujarati: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saptapadii (Gujarati) - Starring Swaroop Sampat, Manav Gohil, Utkarsh Mazumdar, Hit Somani, Shailee Shah
- Kevi Rite Jaish - Starring Divyang Thakkar, Kenneth Desai, Rakesh Bedi, Anang Desai, Tom Alter
- Daman and Diu - Daman and Diu Daman and Diu , union territory (2001 provisional pop. 158,059), 50 sq mi (130 sq ...
- Indo-Iranian: Indic Group - Indic Group The Indic, or Indo-Aryan, languages form the largest group of the Indo-Iranian ...