Frey (frā) [key], Norse god. He was a beneficent deity associated with the fertilizing powers of the sun and the rain and, like his sister Freyja, with the return of spring. His worship, which extended throughout most of Scandinavia, had its chief seat at Uppsala.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Frey from Infoplease:
- Frey: meaning and definitions - Frey: Definition and Pronunciation
- Louis FREY, Jr. - Louis FREY, Jr. (1934-Â ) FREY, Louis, Jr., a Representative from Florida; born in ...
- Oliver Walter FREY - Oliver Walter FREY (1887-1939) FREY, Oliver Walter, a Representative from Pennsylvania; born near ...
- Frey - Frey Son of Niörd, the Van. He was the Scandinavian god of fertility and peace, and the ...
- James Frey, - James Frey, best-selling author, acknowledged in January that he had fabricated and embellished ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion