Erse (ûrs) [key], synonym for Irish and sometimes also for Scottish Gaelic. See Celtic languages.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Erse from Infoplease:
- Erse: meaning and definitions - Erse: Definition and Pronunciation
- Erse - Erse (1 syl.). The native language of the West Highlanders of Scotland, who are of Irish origin. It ...
- traverse: meaning and definitions - traverse: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ossian - Ossian The son of Fingal, a Scottish warrior-bard who lived in the third century. The poems called ...
- Irish language - Irish language Irish language, also called Irish Gaelic and Erse, member of the Goidelic group of ...